The countryside with the rain has its own great charm. The sounds and colors are so muffled that it seems to be projected into another world.
However, children do not seem to appreciate this dimension, and therefore here are the 5 things to do with children when it rains in Montaione
Here below some tips in case of rainy days.
- Gelsomino Ranch- Horseback riding ( Via Mura – Montaione )
Just after Restaurant “Il Caminetto”. 5 minutes by car from La Casaccia. A funny experience with a professional riding instructor in contact with the nature.
- Aquarium Livorno ( Piazzale Mascagni, 1 - 57127 Livorno )
Small museum with mostly Mediterrean fishes but where you can see sharks and tropical
varieties of sea animals.
- HIDRON – Via di Gramignano – Campi Bisenzio (FI)
In winter time it's a covered water park with warm water and pool with jacuzzi; in summer time it's a funny outside water park for families with slides, waterfalls and a salty-water pool.
- Museum “Leonardo Da Vinci” - Piazza Leonardo da Vinci – Vinci
Leonardo da Vinci, not only a painter! Discover the genius of Leonardo as inventor, scientist, engineer. Don't miss his native house in Anchiano ( 3 km far from Vinci )
- Museum of Armours and Walking on the walls - Piazza Roma 23 – Monteriggioni
It's a medieval tiny village where you can combine the walking on the walls and the small museum where your kids can try on the armours and become real knights! A family ticket costs around 10 euros.